Working Holiday Japan


Working Holiday VISA is a special visa for young people between the age of 18 and 30 (25 in case of some countries), to stay in Japan for up to one year. Working holiday visa holders are allowed to work while staying in Japan. In 2021, Japon has introduced the programs with the following 26 countries and regions.


Australia , New Zealand, Canada, Republic of Korea, France, Germany, The United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Hungary          , Spain, Argentina, Chile, Iceland, Czech, Lithuania, Sweden, Estonia, Netherlands



・Must be aged between 18 and 30 both inclusive at the time of application for a Working Holiday Visa (25 in case of some countries),

・Must be the first time you are traveling to Japan under the Working Holiday Visa.

・Should have a return ticket to your country within a year. Or show that you have 2000 Euros to purchase a new ticket.

・Persons without previous criminal charges.

Requirements may vary depending on countries and regions. Please check the Embassy of Japan.


Apply to the Embassy of Japan in your country.

First you will get 6 months VISA. when you renew the VISA you could get another 6 months.


When you would be officially employed as a full-time worker and want to continue living in Japan. What should you do?

The working holiday visa is up to one year, so if you want to continue living in Japan as a full-time worker, you must change your VISA to a Working VISA.

However, once you finish the working holiday, you must go back to your country. Because this is the Agreement between Japan and other countries.

There are some exceptional countries below

Australia , New Zealand, Canada, Republic of Korea, Germany,

If you are from these 5 countries, you could change your VISA while you are in Japan.

but foreigners from other countries must leave Japan. Then come back to Japan with Work VISA.

If you have a period of stay remaining, you can apply Work VISA while in Japan.

Latest article 10 reviews

20/07/2021What should you do when you leave the company.

16/07/2021Divorced from or lost Japanese spouse.

16/07/2021What should you do when you temporarily go back to your country.

15/07/2021Possibility of family members staying in Japan under the Specified Skilled Worker VISA

14/07/2021When you lost your residence card.

09/07/2021Working Holiday Japan

03/06/2021Naturalization (Get the Japanese citizenship)

10/02/2021Second-hand Dealer License

02/02/2021Highly Skilled Professional VISA

09/09/2020Security Guard required

View a full List