Highly Skilled Professional VISA
What is this?
Highly Skilled Professional VISA will be granted to foreign people who have cleared the standards established by the Ministry of Justice.
Compared to other VISA, various preferential treatments are provided.
Privileges for Highly Skilled Professional VISA
Always 5 years duration of stay will be granted.
Permanent residence permit requirements will be moderated.
Your partner will be able to work as well.
You will be able to accompany your parents under certain conditions.
You will also be able to accompany a domestic servant under certain conditions.
You will be given preferential treatment for the Procedures of Immigration and Residence.
There are 3 types of this VISA,
Each visa has a list of points , and you need to earn over 70 points for getting this VISA.
Also There are Minimum annual income standards.
For getting this VISA, you must earn at least 3 million Yen per year.
This time we will show you one of them.
Highly skilled professional visa 2号 ロ
This Highly skilled professional visa comes from The VISA Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services.
These are the points table below.
・ Ph.D. (Excluding Professional Degrees)
・ Professional degree in Business Administration
・ Master’s degree or Professional Degree
・ Those who have graduated from a university or received an education equivalent to university (excluding Doctorate or Master’s degree) ）
・ Those who have a Doctorate, Master’s degree or professional degree in multiple fields
Career（Practical experience related to the work to be engaged）
Over 10years 20points
Over 7years 15points
Over 5years 10points
Over 3years 3points
Age and Annual Income
(As shown in the table below, points are awarded according to age and annual income)
|～age 29||～ age 34||～ age 39||age 40～|
|10 million Yen (per year)||40||40||40||40|
|9 Million Yen||35||35||35||35|
|8 Million Yen||30||30||30||30|
|7 Million Yen||25||25||25|
|6 Million Yen||20||20||20|
|5 Million Yen||15||15|
|4 Million Yen||10|
Age (at the time of application)
Until age 29 15 points
Until age 34 10points
Until age 34 5 points
- Research Achievements
Inventions of patents
Engaged in research receiving subsidies, competitive funds, etc. from foreign governments at least 3 times
Three or more papers published in academic journals listed in the Academic Papers Database
Other research results recognized by the Minister of Justice
Japanese national qualifications related to the work to be engaged
- Work for companies that are receiving measures to support innovation
- Employment in small and medium-sized enterprises with a ratio of more than 3% in research and research expenses
- Graduated from a Japanese university or completed a graduate course
- Holding foreign qualifications related to the job
- Degree from a higher education institution in Japan
- Those who have obtained the JLP Test N1 (including other Japanese Tests equivalent to JLPT) or graduated from a foreign university majoring in Japanese
- Those who have obtained the JLP Test N2 (including other Japanese Tests equivalent to JLPT) (Excluding those who have earned bonus (7) or (8) points.) ）
- Those who engage in advanced business in growth fields recognized by the Minister of Justice.
- Those who have graduated from a university specified by the Minister of Justice in a notification
- Those who have completed the training specified by the Minister of Justice in the notification
Latest article 10 reviews
10/02/2021Second-hand Dealer License
02/02/2021Highly Skilled Professional VISA
09/09/2020Security Guard required
20/05/2020Japanese Pandemic Mascot